Sunday, June 29, 2008

i am happy today. and i was yesterday too....

i am very happy. yesterday was great!
for on thing, i had my first rehearsal for the youth con. singing thing. we sound pretty darn good! its me and one other girl, and some guys from concord stake. its gonna be great. i hope someone brings a camera and tapes us....
and then i went to my first ever formal (well, semi formal) dance.
it was great.
i wore this yellow and white silk dress, with a yellow crystal moon-shaped pendent. the theme was 'under the stars'
anyway. for the first time, i was asked to dance! I've gone to other dances, just not formal ones, through church. but no one's ever asked me to dance before. until last night! his name's Brady, and he was from a different stake, Danville, i think. anyway, it was awesome. it went until 11, so I'm sleepy right now.
I'm also reading a very good book, 'the naming' from the books of pellinor. its interesting. and fantasy, of course.
anyway, more later!

3 comments:

Q said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Katy said...

I read The Naming a while ago. I remember mostly liking it, but also being a little annoyed that every time they go on a long journey, it feels like a looooooong journey, and you have to hear every friggin' detail of it. Shoot, I thought the point of reading fun fantasy books was that you got to skip over the long hard parts of real life, amiright? Anyway, my mom really liked that book, so we have all the sequels--I could lend them to you if you want, and they could be collateral against the latest Sisters Grimm book and Dragon Flight. :)

Anonymous said...

i wish i could go to youth con. with you and hear you sing! that sounds like fun. and oo la la sounds like you had fun at the dance too! tell me all about it at the reunion!