Friday, December 5, 2008

Any one know the rules of Handball?

maybe you can help me, then.
question:
How many penalty shots does team 'A' get if the whole of team 'B' mob, tackle, grab/slap at a team "A" player, who happens to hold the ball??? according to my P.E. teacher, 'Ms. Smith' none, but then, she was in the other room( the gym we play in is two adjoining rooms- she was in one, teams A and B in the other at the time of the Incident) and ignored me when i tried to tell her- because, you guessed it, i, the human-sports-equipment- magnet, was that player.
nothing was broken- but i hurt everywhere. it took my team 3 minutes to get them to stop- but either they never called Smith, she didn't hear( likely) or didn't care( leaning towards this one!)
i was hurt, and so tired of losing- the locker room jeers are sickening, and when the other team gets a goal,( the girls anyway) they scream as if Edward Cullen himself was entering the room. i swear, when I'm forced into being goalie (Smith tells me i need to 'support the team') it is no longer a game- it's as if the other team thinks its a war- and the ball is a bomb or spear or bullet- like I'm to die. my bruises have bruises.
a few impossible things i didn't believe before P.E
* P.E doesn't stand for Physical Education. ( it really stands for 'personal endangerment')
* that it is possible to have the wind knocked out of one 5 times in 4 minutes.
* that even foamy-soft balls will hurt like the devil when they make impact.
* that the teacher won't notice any of these things at all.

and she really doesn't. i asked her once, after the 5 handballs to the chest, if she would please remind the class that it is a game- and no one should be getting hurt.( after all, i can't think of a single reason for the ball to repeatedly hit me in the upper chest( yes, that kind of upper chest) and face, when the goal net only comes to the top of my KNEES!!!!
anyway more later

No comments: