Tuesday, January 29, 2008

school and the library-anna's ticked.

yeah, I'm ticked. here is why
one: the library.
OK, now, I'm not against libraries, i LOVE libraries, but the thing is, the ppl that order book don't seem all that smart.
here's the thing, : they get most adult books, particularly if by a 'good' or 'well liked' author, within weeks (or days) of the books release. however, for teens and kids, unless the book is something like 'harry potter' or something as famous as that (so many books i can think of are more enjoyable, but no one asked me... hold it, they should get KIDS to pick the books that kids are going to read , I'll come back to this later) then expect about 6 months too over a year, if ever, for the book to make an appearance. take, for example, the warriors, my fave book series; the library only just got a copy of book 12, and its already been out for a year+.
moving on, i was browsing in the paperback-kids section, and to my annoyance, i found books 1 and 2 of a trilogy (yes, it is a trilogy) that looked very good. well, i thought, there are 4 places the third book might be ( and yes, book three has come out.)
i looked in the kids paperback, the kids hardcover, the young teens paperback, and the young teens hardcover. nothing. i figure, 'oh, its been checked out. nope! the library never had it, nor any of the near by branches. so much for that trilogy. i move on.
now, you may think I'm over reacting, but this has happened with about 4 other series's. in other series A: book one and three, no record of book 2; in B: books 2,3,4, no record of book one (how freaking lame is that!!!)
in C, once again, books 1 and 3, no book two.
i swear, the library is in league with all the book-sellers that charge way-y-y to much for a book.

one to school :here's why
the school system of my city, or at least the high school, decided that , instead if having a 11 week summer break like, oh, idk, all my out of city friends and family, we get a nine weeks, with our 'extra' weeks at thanksgiving and president's day. yeah.
what the H-E-double toothpick is vacation for other than to spend time with friends and family. how can we do that if they (or we) are in freaking school?!!!! wanna know why? its this : apparently, some teachers have been taking off for vacations those weeks/ around that time. so, thanks to this, I won't get much time to hang out with one of my best friends, who i ONLY see in summer, and is at camps half the time. this STINKS!!!! i mean, in, say, the MIDDLE OF FEBRUARY, you can't exactly go swimming, or to the freaking beach. yeah, go snowboarding. but what about those of us who hate the cold?! and by next year, who knows if we'll have any snow. (mother nature must be getting pretty ticked at us by now) just means more stupid Homework they can give us. (my question of the week' why is it that kid's/teen's intelligence based on what we know about say, a bunch of dead guys? why not on how we can help the environment, or our thoughts on how we can work on not helping history repeat??? I'm speaking, of course, about history/social studies. still, why?') anyway, my opinion : THIS STINKS!!!!!!
yeah, I'm a right ray of sunshine today.
anyway, more later.

4 comments:

AnnaDee said...

oh, i forgot, the warriors? yeah, one of the most popular book serieses for young adults in america/uk. its at the top(yes, the top) of the New York bestselling serieses for kids. and yet.....

Patricia said...

Hey, go tell the Berkeley Public LIbrary. They might listen...as for the ski week the teachers want, what can I say - they are such a hardworking lot, spending all their free time dreaming up homework, and tests, and quizzes.. . . . they deserve a little break!

Vincent Malmrose said...

I do agree on the teachers part but I also think a small summer is better. How often do we have to study during summer so we don't forget everything we have heard. I wouldn't mind if we went to no summer but more breaks scattered around. Maybe four day weeks or something like that. It would also be more logical to start school at the beginning of the year rather then at the end, the only reason we start at the end or have a summer is because we used to farm. I don't think I farm, however I could do it in my dreams or have an alternate personality that does it.
Well, have a good day.

AnnaDee said...

well genun, we all know your insane, mr ride-my-bike-wearing-open-shoes-
and-a-teeshirt-in-the-middle-of-the-
winter.