Sunday, August 3, 2008

The twilight tragedy. NO COMMENTS.

forget everything i said about twilight in the past.. i hate it now. nothing anyone says will change my mind. i was thinking about it, i found out how bk 3 ended. i started to think, how could i ever have liked it? its totally plot driven, which in and of itself is not bad, but I'd be nice to feel some attachment to the characters. and by that,I DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT mean fall in love and be obsessed with Mr. ed, Jake, whoever the heck it is.

today, i went online to Y!A, as i was very bored. i saw a question that utterly shocked me. i will not say what it was, for fear of spoiling what little plot there is for the rest of you. i will only state that i was completely shocked when i read the 14 answers, all the same. a single word.
it breaks my heart, to think that there are 12-year-olds and younger reading these books, rather than something wholesome, SM has created a problem. i fear i can no longer trust new and coming LDS authors, unless their books feature the church. i know I'm being ridiculous in that, fablehaven is fine, the 13th reality is fine, goose girl is fine.
but i can still no longer trust that even though a book is written by an LDS, who must be aware of the age of her readers, it will be good, clean. or will abide by the standards in my 'for the strength of youth '. this infuriates me to no end. what was she thinking? how could she!
sometimes my mother will be reading a book, and with out warning, throw it in the trash. she does this not because the plot is dumb, or the story not interesting, but because it does not fit her standards. if only every reader could have the courage to do that.
but my words are pointless, for who will listen? perhaps they are more for myself, to send my feelings out into the world, to free myself of the relentless voice that wails in my mind, why?, why?, why?
i no longer what to be 'the next SM'
i care about my readers, by younger friends, and  my characters. to me they are real. if i betrayed them, it would be as if i betrayed myself.
******I DO NOT WANT COMMENTS! DO NOT COMMENT ON THIS! I MEAN IT! THIS IS A POST I SIMPLY WANT TO SHOW MY ANGER AND FEELINGS OF BETRAYAL! NO COMMENTS!*****
anyway, more later.

4 comments:

Tristen said...

You said no comments, which I decided means that I should comment, since I rarely if ever comment on people's blogs! I just wanted to tell you that I appreciated your thoughts on the SM books, you were the final point in my decision never to read the books or watch the movies! So you can feel good at least that one Mormon woman will not be supporting this series! Thanks for your blog!

Becca said...

Dang it...I just started the last book last night and now I'm super worried about what's going to happen!

Emma said...

can i comment and say i agree with you? also can you tell me in an email what the answers were? i'm probably not gonna read them anyway.
also, i've a really bad book away. i felt really good afterwards

Anonymous said...

emmajojo: i don't thint your mother would like me telling you about the question...