Friday, February 13, 2009

ialmost died, a long weekend, happiness and books

well, hello, hello!
i am here!
what has happened recently?
i had a lovely time at YW on Wednesday, including a gift from Jenni- a new journal, and Jessica Day George's latest book, Princess of the Midnight Ball. i have started it and i LOVE IT! i really, truly love it! and then there's the matter of the title page, with a note in lime green ink, wishing my a happy 16th birthday.. i think i was in shock for a full 20 minutes.

i suppose you are wondering about the first part of the title-' i almost died'. i had PE. we ran the mile. i had hurt my leg. enough said- or not! i ran as hard as i could- and it hurt badly, so i wouldn't have to run TWO MILES next week.
i finished with 30 seconds to spare, and promptly collapsed on the field, on my side, breathing heavily. that was mistake number 2(first one was not running in the first place)
lactic acid built up in my muscle and basically paralyzed them.. and since my arms were crossed on the ground in front of me, my lungs were rather cramped, squeezed, ect. since i already could hardly get enough air from the running, i now had to think, to concentrate, on each breath..no one seemed to notice me, and since i could barely get enough air to live, i couldn't call for help. i lay there praying for what seemed forever, although it was only 5 minutes. other students walked by me, not noticing. friends did too. i heard two kids joking about it -'Anna's dieing".. they never stopped to think.
i know have a new look on the parable of the good Samaritan. because it was not a friend who noticed i was in need of help, not the teacher- with a class of 40 students, some still running, she never saw- but one of the boys that constantly made fun of me, teasing me, calling me names, making rude remarks.
after calling over the teacher, he went back to a game of football- but still, had he not noticed, who knows what would have happened?.

this weekend i am going to hang out with cousins. tis going to be fun.
i just realized i never told you about my 16th birthday!
not much to tell- i went out to dinner, got a kite from dad, a book from mom, the end. not the 16th birthday i envisioned, but none of my cousins were around that whole week. i'm actually kind of bitter- i didn't even get a card. but lets not dwell on that.

on to the happiness? i already covered the gift from Jessica d George/ Jenni. i'm also finaly at 50 reviews for my fan fic, and i'm nearly done with that as well. last night at a local bookstore, i found a book that B&N claims doesn't exists( they are found of claiming that), but didn't buy it, as i was short cash.

i did well at the talent show auditions, i hope.

STARS! i forgot- there is a huge storm right now! huge, huge ,huge! right off the ocean! 10 minutes ago, the ground was dry, npow its stooden, the clouds are like lead, and theworld is filled with the plink of rain on tile roof tops. i love it.

last thing: visit my profile on fanfiction( under 'authors' Hedgi Naysomay Aisling.)
anyway, more later

No comments: